Colorbond® steel is manufactured in Australia and has a super polyester pre-painted coating to withstand harsh conditions. Colorbond® steel meets Australian standards, is an attractive durable product that can be manufactured to size and customized to suit any width and any Fencing infill sheets are made from a corrosion resistant Zincalume steel for strength and durability.
Colorbond® fencing comes in 14 different colours to suit all landscapes and décor, and is backed by a 10 year warranty from BlueScope Steel. Colorbond® steel is termite proof and is low maintenance - a simple hose down or wipe off from time to time is sufficient.
Colorbond® steel has a well-earned reputation for quality and durability. That’s why when buying pre-painted steel fencing from a fencing manufacturer or supplier, you should always insist the steel is Colorbond® steel. The technology behind Colorbond® steel is world leading – and it was developed right here in Australia to withstand the harsh climate conditions of Australia.
First, a base of Zincalume® steel ensures outstanding anti-corrosion performance
Next, a conversion layer is chemically applied to enhance coating adhesion
Then, an epoxy primer is baked onto the surface
And finally, a durable, exterior grade top-coat is baked on.
1. To keep your fence looking its best, simply hose your fence down periodically with water when washing the car or watering the garden. A soft broom should be sufficient to remove any cobwebs. Pay particular attention to the area under the top rail, which is sheltered from natural washing by rain.
2. Do not build up soil, garden fill and/or dirt against the bottom rails and posts of your fence as this will retain water and lead to corrosion. Do not use your fence as a retaining wall, as it is not designed for this purpose.
3. Avoid spraying the fence with garden sprays or fertilisers as these can damage the surface. If this occurs wash the fence down with water. Adequate drainage is needed to ensure that water does not pond in the bottom rail and to assist in the removal of debris. This is often achieved by pre-punched holes in the bottom rail, or by designing the posts such that there is a clearance between the ends of the bottom rail and the posts.
4. Do not use touch up paint. Minor scratches should be left alone or the infill sheet replaced. Touch up paint will weather differently than Colorbond® steel.
5. Fencing is backed by a 10 year warranty under the following conditions:
• Installation > 1km from Marine or Industrial environment
• Fence is installed to Manufacturer's guidelines
• Fence is maintained regularly in accordance with BlueScope Steel guidelines.